Courses And Admission Process
DETAILS OF COURSE
- Course : Diploma of Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) & B.Ed.
- Intake : D.El.Ed. : 1 Unit (50 Seats) & B.Ed. : 1 Unit (100 Seats)
- Type of Institution : Co-Education
- Duration : 2 years for D.El.Ed. & 2 year for B.Ed.
- Affiliation : S.C.E.R.T., Gurgoan / State University
- Admission Procedure : Through PTET Conducted by S.C.E.R.T., Gurgoan / University
- Fees : As per State Government Norms
The course includes theory and extensive practical work. The syllabus is comprehensive, and makes effective use of the training system evolved by experts in the field. The theory subjects relate to different stages of Human growth & development, concentrating on the early childhood years.
Practical work includes supervised teaching at the pre school level, group projects, seminar presentation, field work, micro teaching units observation of school & institution, and a host of related activities.
Admission to College is done in accordance with the provision and guidelines laid down by the competent authority of the Government of Harayana from time to time.
1. Eligibility for Admission to the Course :
A candidate shall be eligible for the Degree of Bachelor of Education provided that has taken the B.A., B.Sc., B. Com. or a post graduate degree of S.C.E.R.T., Gurgoan or a degree from some other University recognized by this University as equivalent there of. The candidate should have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks in the UG/PG Degree.
2. Duration of the course and Medium of Instruction :
The duration of study for B.Ed., Semester Course is one academic year. This consists of 210 working days inclusive of admission and Examination with a minimum of six hours per day. The 180 instructional days (90 for each semester) will include teaching practice and school-community basted activities.
Minimum duration for practice teaching shall be for a period of 30 working days. English and Hindi shall be the medium of instruction. Student teachers may opt English and Hindi Medium for teaching practice. Student teachers may opt either English or Hindi Medium to write their theory examinations.
3. Eligibility for Admission to Examination :
A candidate shall be eligible for the B.Ed., degree examination only if she Forwards her application for Examination with the satisfactory evidence of having qualified herself for a degree from the S.C.E.R.T., Gurgoan or from another University, which is recognized by UGC. The candidate should have put in not less than 75 percent of attendance and should have satisfactorily completed all the course requirements as given in the syllabus.